1/8/17

Episode 6- A Southern Legend

Random thoughts- Katsuji is a Diva. Was anyone else surprised Jim is straight? Poor Sheldon, I am nervous to watch this episode!

Surgeon General- wow! Healthy eating Quickfire! Take a classic comfort food and make it healthy! I do this all the time, James is not a fan... Oh AND make it vegetarian (I don't do that)! Plus they can only grab 1 thing at a time from the pantry. This is going to be a disaster!

Jamie is so confident in his vegetarian skills... but he burned his veggies over and over! What gives?

These might be the least appetizing dishes I have seen all season... On the bottom, Sylva, Casey and Katsuji. On top, Emily, Jamie and Brooke, but the winner is Jamie. I guess he CAN cook veggies!

Elimination Challenge! Dish to pay tribute to Edna Lewis- a Southern Legend, "the Julia Child of Southern Cooking!"

They get $300 and will cook for some other iconic chefs that were influenced by Edna in the place she cooked- Middleton Place, it is so beautiful!!! Who wants to go?!?!

I think this is a tough challenge, hard to "hit it out of the park." I also think that many of the chef are overthinking their dishes. They all think they're being simple, but many are going overboard. A few really did well though- I wish I could eat some of that! Good thing Jamie had immunity! Can't miss-count your plates!!!

On top today we had Jim- simple, flavorful and memorable! Sylva- intense and crunchy! And Sheldon- heart and soul in a bowl! And the winner is Sylva! What a great challenge for him to win given this background.

And on bottom, Amanda- uninteresting and fell flat. Emily- overcooked and sweet. And Brooke- clash of taste that was too muddy and too modern.

The Chef going home is Amanda. I do think it was her time... she has a LOT of potential but needs to focus better.

No comments:

Post a Comment