1/8/15

Episode 10- For Julia and Jacques

An then there were 5!! We are getting close to the end!!! 

The guest judge is Andy Cohen who went to college in Boston, thus a Ramen Noodle Challenge! The Chefs don't get a pantry for this, they have to use food from actual college dorm rooms- oh no! If I had to be on this show in college, these chefs would be in BIG trouble! The winner gets $5K which makes it High Stakes!

I cannot believe what these students have in their rooms- seriously, WAY more than I thought- I mean bacon??? Mei's face tasting her sauce is hilarious- eww! 

Bottom: Mei lack of broth and too fishy, Doug odd combo

Top: George spaghettioish very meaty, Greg bacon makes everything better, Melissa had good texture and crunch

Winner: Melissa!!! The cheese wins!

Elimination Challenge: Julia Child with Jacques Pepin- Take inspiration form Julia and make a dish worthy of her legacy! They had time to chat with Jacques and get really inspired!

The Herb place they're at is SO cute!!! I want to go!!!

They should have had more time to make the food- obviously technique was an issue, but technique and time go hand in hand... I liked this challenge but wish that would have allowed the chefs a better change to do it right.

On Top: Greg and Mei, but the winner is Mei with her Duck a L'Orange with Turnip Puree, Orange Puree, and Glazed Vegetables!!! Putting a spin on the classic was a great move that paid off!

On Bottom: George, Melissa and Doug- everyone undercooked their meat but did a great job with their veggies. 

And the chef going home is Doug with his Roasted Foie Gras With Roasted Peaches, Sweet and Sour Onions, and Hazelnuts

If Doug had not done family style and he probably would have moved forward... I honestly think Melissa burning her meat was the worst offense, but who knows- hopefully he crushes in LCK!

1 comment:

  1. Some heavy hitter celebrity chefs this week (Not Andy Cohen and his doofus old roommate).

    I agree with Kelly that they should have had a little more time to properly craft a Julia Child inspired dish. Greg's impression of her was pretty awesome though. And that old photo of Tom with Julia was pretty funny too. Hadn't ever pictured Tom with hair before.

    I was sorry to see Doug go. I think he is stronger overall than George and Melissa. Maybe he will get another chance by winning Last Chance Kitchen.

    When I speculated that Le Chefre and Pickely were going to be close in points, I didn't know it was going to be this close! For Ben and my side bet, it will all come down to whether Mei makes it to the final or gets eliminated next week. Quickfires and LCK can still complicate things further. Right down to the wire, but I think Mei will go home next week and make things easy on me.

    Greg for the Crrruuushing Victory!

    ReplyDelete