10/31/13

Episode 5- Lea Michele's Halloween Bash

Wow, this was a BIG Points Episode, all because of that High Stakes, 2 team Quickfire! 

The chefs were broken into 2 teams-
Team Simmons: Stephanie, Sara, Justin, Michael, Carrie, Shirley, Louis
Team Lakshmi: Carlos, Travis, Nick, Patty, Brian, Nina, Bene


They had to create 3 dishes with ingredients chosen by Gail and Padma's moms, the catch, everything was wrapped in Reynolds Wrap so there was no way to know what was what AND they had to use all the ingredients! This was crazy hard! and I loved it!

I was shocked at how well they all worked together! Shirley is so funny, hopefully her mom was not offended by being called out on national TV as being slow!

Team Lakshmi took the High Stakes win! 

Did anyone else find it hilarious that they filmed a Halloween Episode where everyone dressed up probably in the spring? I found it amusing!

So the challenge was to cater Lea Michelle's costume party and she's vegan but loves cheese! And cheese and cheese and cheese... and fried. They had to break into teams of two:
Michael & Nina
Shirley & Louis
Carrie & Stephanie
Carlos & Travis
Patty & Nick
Sara & Justin
Bene & Brian

Nina and Michael- I think we knew this would be a problem from the start! Michael bugs the crap out of me and he definitely relied on Nina to coast a bit. Plus the "sweetie" and "honey"- PUKE! I would have lost it on him!

I was a bit surprised that Nick got so psyched out by Nina! He talks a big game but really lacks some confidence! 

It was fun watching the judges taste this week, they were all really into the spirit of Halloween! Tom and Lea were hilarious and reminded me of two HS girls talking about an outfit they just love!

On top we had Carlos & Travis and Patty & Nick. 

I was SO glad to see Patty cook something the judges liked, even though it wasn't spooky! In the end, they just couldn't beat Carlos and Travis with their Dia de Los Muertos: Goat Cheese Fondue with Fried Zucchini; Vegetable Ceviche

And on the bottom we had Michael & Nina (no surprise there) and Bene & Brian. 

I have to say I was a bit shocked Bene didn't go home for his tomato salad as one half of the spooky spa food team. I do not remember Lea  Michelle saying "No spa food" but their dishes were SO underwhelming.  I guess they tasted ok enough though because Michael and Nina had the worst dish of all with Michael's Bloody Eye: Yellow Arancini with Saffron and Tomato Jam and Nina's Candy Corn: Ricotta Gnocchetti with Kale Pesto

Nina never tasted his whole dish which is suicide on a team challenge! I am so glad this wasn't a double elimination and it was Michael who packed his knives!

This was a BIG week for 51st State, we'll see if they can catch up!

Ep 6: Campfires, Cream Cheese and Countryside: New Orleans super-chef John Besh introduces the cheftestants to one of his favorite farms where they are tasked with making a dish out of a prized local crop -- the creole tomato. For the Elimination Challenge, the farm to table theory continues as the cheftestants try to impress the upper-tiered chefs in John Besh’s restaurant empire.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad they explained Tom's costume because I had NO idea who he was supposed to be. He looked like the love child of PeeWee Herman and Mr Magoo. He and Glee girl really were having a great time though.

    Good riddance Michael! Nina HAAAAATED him and I'm not surprised she didn't care how his dish turned out. Sucks that her dish was favorably reviewed but she still ended up in the bottom.

    I've been waiting for Carlos to shine and I feel like the past couple of episodes he is starting to pick up his game.

    What are the specifics on the crying rules again?

    Did Lea Michelle not dress in costume for her own party? Kind of STUPID to host a costume party and not dress in costume imo.

    She did not make a good impression on me with her food tastes either.

    "What are you favorite vegetables?"
    "Oh! Teeheehee, I love all vegetables!!"
    "Do you like beets?"
    "...No"

    Dislike.

    I want more individual challenges please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, I also loved that Colichio & other guy both dressed as Gatsby. What a faux pas! I could just tell that Tom was plotting how to take that guy down for stealing his style. :)

    If I was on a team with Michael & he kept not calling me by my name I'd start doing the same. "How you doing sweety?" would get a "I'm doing great sugar lips" from me!

    Glad to see creepy Michael go home, and also agree that Lea Michelle did not make a good impression. Poor costume, bad vegan preferences & I will not be watching Glee as a result of this guest appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very glad Michael went home as well. He was a poser. He didn't have enough skill to execute successfully in this competition.

    It was nice to get an influx of points to keep us in the competition. Hopefully our guys can stay out of the bottom for a few weeks. The ladies do continue to kick ass. Can Nina and Carrie continue to own everyone else? I guess we will find out. And hopefully we will find out by more individual challenges. At least up until Restaurant Wars.

    ReplyDelete