12/28/12

Roller Derby!


That was interesting... And after seeing the episode, the feeling that sticks with me most is that Josie is a pain in the ass bitch. Yup, I said it. On one hand, I am glad JeffCo Cartel is still stuck with her, but on the other, I can't watch her much longer! Ok, enough of that.

Oysters! I used to eat oysters all the time as a kid, but more recently haven't been super into them. It was cool that they all got to go themselves to collect them. And Josie again was a HOT MESS. 

I liked the challenge; very simple and straight forward. I think there is a LOT you can do with a challenge like that and I was really impressed with everyone. Lizzie had the most interesting looking oysters to me, but it was Micah who pulled out the QF Win with his Crispy Fried Oysters with Arugula Salad, Hot Sauce & Lemon. YUM!

This was also a fun Elimination Challenge, minus Josie going nutso on everyone. I thought the team aspect could have been left out, but the Roller Girls had some fun names, so it was good to see everyone's interpretations. I am totally on the fence with Josh. He hasn't been able to cook his style well at ALL and has also latched on to this team-mates in group challenges and allowed them to have full control. I think Sheldon just got a bad fryer. I honestly think he is one of the better chefs and if anyone can cook tempura, it's him. I think if the fryer had been working better, they would have been on the top. However, it was John and Brooke with their Thai Beef with Lobster Jasmine Rice & Thai Slaw that took the win!

It was good to see John work well with someone. I mean, the guy is a jack-ass, but he does have a soul. And it was sad to hear about his daughter. I think Brooke is a really good chef as well. I don't think John would have worked well with her if she wasn't, and I also credit her for their win, since I haven't been as impressed with John as I had originally thought I'd be. 

I think Bart's downfall was the theme of the entire episode, with Josie being as crazy as she was and Bart continuing to say he didn't care. I will say that it was Bart that deserved to go out of the two. He was the one who didn't execute his part of the dish. If he KNOWS he is an under-seasoner, he should know how to compensate, and Josie should have spoke up more while they were cooking. This whole season the teams have been too afraid to criticize each other, what is going on? In the end, it was Teriyaki Terrible: Steak Teriyaki with Forbidden Rice, Beet Blood & Green Papaya Salad for the loss, and goodbye Bart the Chef!

1 comment:

  1. You're right, Bart deserved to go home, but I really wanted Josie to go. She is SO annoying!! Although funny too - you don't hear people call themselves trees very often. :)

    I don't understand the "afraid to criticize" bit either, but I've also noticed that chefs are running short on a lot of items this season too. I think it's a really passive aggressive group - they WON'T tell someone they don't like their idea, but they WILL steal all of the flour & mixers so that their competitors can't complete their dishes. It's very high school.

    ReplyDelete