11/25/12

Happy Thanksgiving!

It took me awhile to watch this episode due to the holiday, which I guess is fitting since this episode was all about Thanksgiving!

First the Quickfire- Dumplings! 
This was a cool challenge, but also very difficult. They had so little time to prepare, and the fact that Brooke couldn't even get flour was a bit extreme in my opinion. Kuniko not finishing her dish was sad since it looked like it would have been pretty good, but that's why they call it a Quickfire!

It was cool to see Tom and Emeril get down and dirty with the chefs, but the chefs needed to be a bit stronger in the choosing of the menu. Sheldon and Tyler just did what they were told without considering their own strengths and it almost cost them both! It was hard for me to cheer for Carla even though she's on my team, she is beyond annoying. In the end I think the right team came out on top- based on the cooking.
I did like Emeril's menu a lot, maybe more, but that turkey really killed them and I kind of wish Josie didn't have immunity. In the end it was Kuniko's potato dish that failed the most. I think the idea of her dish sounded good, but she was so busy helping the rest of her team that she really missed the mark.
I thought she was a strong chef, but a weak competitor and I believe that is why she is out. 

The Cartel is getting pretty crushed still and le'Chefre is pulling further ahead... looks like the roles have reversed!

See how the Carrot Soup was made!

1 comment:

  1. Good assessment of Kuniko. Strong Chef, weak competitor. Usually when a chef is the winner the previous week it gives them a boost of confidence but I think it did the opposite for Kuniko and made her nervous. I'm sad she's out but glad that Le Chefre gained positive points from her abbreviated stay.

    ReplyDelete