11/28/12

50s Comeback!!!

Wow, this was all over the place in my opinion!

The Quickfire was a good one! Watching the ladies try to get the meat off the hook was pretty funny. I thought it was a great overall challenge, asking the chefs to know their cuts, cut their cuts and cook their cuts! CJ certainly had quite the ego, and John really is an ass. I was half waiting for him to quit the show this episode.

Double High Stakes Elimination Challenge! 
What a fun challenge, and tricky too! It is hard to cook simple and I think many chefs really shined! Kristen really killed it. I had a feeling she would be good and I really wish I could eat her mushrooms and onions! Talk about simple! I think that really made a statement! Too bad she cut herself- would have been a prefect high stakes score otherwise!
And wow... Stefan is at least into a straight women this time, but he does not hold back! I am interested to see how this bites him in the ass later!

Goodbye to Chrissy and Carla. That Squab was grossing me out- start to finish. I was a bit surprised since Padma said she liked her dish; it seemed like the biggest downfall of the dish was how it was cut. I am really shocked CJ wasn't the one going home. Based on comments, his dish was much worse, but hey, I didn't eat it and even though Carla was ours, I am glad to not have to hear her anymore. Chrissy really got the wrong dish for this challenge. It is almost impossible to re-create a beloved, signature dish that you've never tasted. (Although, that would be an awesome elimination challenge in and of itself!) Not only were the odds staked against her, she make technical mistakes. In the end, her elimination was the most justified. 

Hopefully winning the elimination challenge isn't the kiss of death for the next challenge... I see a trend!

Last Chance Kitchen in on! Check it out, with Malibu Chris!!! 


8 comments:

  1. Le Chefre Trois skates through the elimination! Raaarrrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kind of crazy that 2 weeks in a row now the previous episodes elimination winner has been cut the very next episode.

    Definitely a lot of clashing personalities this season. Doesn't seem like it's really affecting the assholes too much though.

    I was really surprised Josh didn't go home for that shitty looking soup. There was hardly any cheese in it! A pathetic attempt at something delicious and easy. And it probably would have been better for Le Chefre if he did go. Nothing worse than having a crap chef dangling near the bottom, episode after episode, sucking up points from your team bank - a la Jamie from All Stars season.

    Watching Carla smash and splinter the bones on that squab and then serve it whole was pretty shocking.

    And now a few percentages in honor of the recent Powerball frenzy:

    Chance that all 5 remaining Le Chefre Chefs would be called in the Quickfire - 8%

    Chance a Le Chefre Chef was going to win the quickfire, given the top 3 called - 100%

    Chance Kristen will allow Stefan to get any farther than a foot massage - 0%

    Chance Stefan thinks he will get farther than a foot massage with Kristen - 99%

    Chance at least 1 Le Chefre Chef would be voted out at elimination given the 4 chefs called - 66%

    Chance Josh earns Le Chefre net positive points - 10%

    Chance Jeffco Cartel can win this season - 2%

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, well played with the 'bad dresser' epitaph Kelly. What does Carla's say? Gams lost? Cams lost?

    You only gave two points to the Quickfire winner so I think you owe Le Chefre an additional point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carla's says Game Lost- "I don't play games! I don't play card games!"

    and I don't like John, so no... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA, oh yeah... imma not play games! blah blah blah.

    Voltaggio is continuing to cook the winning dishes on the website. I'm about to learn how to make super crispy onion and fluffy roasted mushrooms!




    *****LAST CHANCE KITCHEN EPISODE 1 SPOILER*****






    Carla sucked it up again! Goodbye forever loud woman.

    Well done Kuniko! Keep up the good work - hopefully she can work her way back into the competition but having to go through so many chefs is gonna be really tough. I would like to eat at her restaurant one day.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be MORE than happy to judge the onions and mushrooms for you ;) hahaha

      Delete
  6. Ok, you have yourself a deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carla needs sub-titles so bad that even her epitaph needs sub-titles. HA, I love it.

    ReplyDelete