11/29/11

Episode 2: CHILIES!!!

I really liked the Quickfire this week and am very impressed with Paul. GOOD WIN! I also really wanted to eat Grayson’s dish, it looked really good. I began my annoyance with Beverly early in this episode… RAW, what was she thinking!

The Elimination Challenge was good. I LOVE chili, HOWEVER, I prefer beans in mine, so whatever stupid Texas! I thought it was interesting seeing everyone interact in these groups and was a little surprised at the winners, Chris C, Sarah and Chuy! They did not seem to be getting along, but I guess they pulled it out! Chuy cracked me up making that Chili, slap-happy drunk!

Beverly, Nyesha and Richie… I think they had a good concept, but who wants to eat sweet chili, especially in Texas. I think they needed to evaluate their audience a bit more, plus, the elimination was 100% judges, so it goes to show how bad it was. I loved the way they decided who to cut, making them repurpose their dish, kind wish they did this in every group challenge, however, I think Richie would have been safe had they not. Again, I think crying Beverly was the weakest link, which is why she had the energy to pull through and stay in it. I think Nyesha and Richie worked harder during the challenge itself, but that’s just my opinion.

Turns out Keith is the Last Chance Kitchen winner, so we will also be keeping our eyes on him!

If you wondered why Gail couldn’t open her beer, here is her story…
When I was in 8th grade, I was late to catch a bus and I wanted to take a bagel sandwich on the road with me, so I was rushing and I did what any amateur cutting bagels does, which is holding the bagel in my hand and slicing it down towards my palm. I sliced through where my knuckle joint is, right where you bend your finger, right through the nerve. My mother had to take me to get stitches. I never regained full use of the very tip section of my left index finger, which I have to say makes it very difficult to use keys and open doors, turn bottle caps, and it’s why I will never be a star guitarist -- I can’t play bar chords very easily.

1 comment:

  1. I was in NC visiting relatives and just finished back to back episodes of Top Chef tonight. Episode 2 had me thinking it was dumb of someone not to take Chuy as a higher pick but then episode 3 completely validated him as the last pick. His dish sounded rank.

    Loved the challenges from episode 2. Hot peppers and chili - both awesome themes.

    Grayson and Dakota are impressing me. If Nyesha is going to continue to suck I hope she gets the axe sooner rather than later. Le'Chefre was plagued last season by sucky chefs who kept getting by as 2nd to last (thanks Jaime) and that's a killer in our pool.

    I hope Chris C. sticks around for his hilarious comments. When he called Chuy the most interesting man in the world I think some rum and coke squirted out my nose. Michal thinks he is the hottest top chef from any season... thoughts?

    ReplyDelete