1/11/16

Episode 5- Big Gay Wedding

Been super busy and getting behind! If anyone ever wants to "guest post" let me know!!!

Well this sounds fun- a big gay wedding!?! Yes please!! I LOVE dates! Yum yum yum! That would be a fun trip- a date farm! 

Kwame was hilarious with Chrissie Teigen! Cracking me up, like a high school boy. 

Quickfire: Tell a story of your best date with dates! Very cute idea and I am impressed that all chefs are actually embracing the theme. 

Bottom- Chad, Phillip and Carl

On top we had Jason, Isaac and Giselle! And the winner is Jason! 

Big Fat Gay Wedding with 25 couples- holy hell. That is nuts! Only on TV does shit like this happen!

Wedding planning in a matter of hours- no thanks! And they still have to come up with dessert- go Marjorie, if anyone can do it, it's her! Can you imagine $2K for all the wedding food, and it's super high quality! I am jealous!

"The first look" dishes were great and all the judges loved them all! I think they all looked good too!



"For the family" was a weird 2nd dish theme. Isaac's rice looks good! I love good rice done right! The stuffed canbbage dish went over really well too! You know a bomb is coming when they like everything so far...

"Bought a Station Wagon" is another weird theme- whatever. Kwame is impressing the judges by working on two complex sauces. Giselle and Karen's dish is bombing... and Phillips potatoes are also a big fail. Whoop there it is. 


"Happily Ever After" sounds SO YUMMY! I love wedding cake, but I also love a little extra sweetness! Judges were happy!

Winning dish is Wesley and Kwame's Pickled shrimp with cucumber onion salad, citrus vinaigrette and cashews. Pickled shrimp sounded odd, but obviously worked really well. Kwame crushed! He is adorable and I would love to try his food some time.

On the bottom is Karen and Giselle's asparagus dish- seasoning was poor and mushroom's were not cooked well. Phillip and Kwame's steak and potatoes are also on the bottom, but only because of the potatoes Phillip made. (Giving Kwame winning points only- BS he's on the bottom for this!)

Giselle is OUT! I personally think Phillip should have left, but whatever. Giselle sucks as part of a team but somehow pulls it out when she's on her own and overall I do think she has more to offer. Too bad. 

Pickely did not pick well this year- damn. 

Now on to the Honeymoon in San Diego! 

3 comments:

  1. Are we seriously the only team who has lost players? Our team is SO BAD!! Karen & Amar are in huge trouble, they are almost certainly next to go. :)

    I also think Philip should have gone home. He is completely delusional & so full of himself!!

    Watching this episode, I told Ben that if he'd suggested we get married with 24 other couples on TV that I would have called the wedding off. Ridiculous! Can we celebrate the legalization of gay marriage in an actually meaningful way please? That was just plain tacky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should rename this season Top Le Chefre.

    It's looking pretty pretty pretty good right now. Of the chefs that were originally drafted, we have the top 4 highest scoring...at the moment. I don't expect that to remain the case because I think Marjorie is going to be a major contender - I don't think her dessert mastery will be enough to get a win though. I also like Amar the Dreg and Carl.

    I think Jeremy and Kwame are looking real strong but Jeremy is still yet to cook 'land meat' as Michal pointed out in last week's comments. Isaac, Wes, and Jason are also all strong chefs.

    The good ship Bug continues to flounder and what a pleasant surprise that Cap'n Phillip somehow eeked out another week to drag them further under.

    I think Pickely's comments our their team trump anything I could say. Better luck next season y'all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are now caught up. My biggest takeaway from this episode is I WANT a date machete. That thing is awesome. I would use it to cut the Phillip anchor from our team. Damn him.

    I'll save the rest of my comment for the blog post for next episode, cause we just watched that one and I don't really remember more details about this episode.

    ReplyDelete