12/6/15

Episode 2- Pop Up Pandemonium

This is going to be fun- 4 Pop Ups the same day as the last Elimination?! 


Team Persian: Isaac, Marjorie, Angelina & Amar
Team Vegan: Phillip, Grayson, Renee & Frances
Team Korean: Karen, Carl, Jason & Giselle
Team Mexican: Chad, Wesley, Kwame & Jeremy 

LOTS of personality coming through, starting to get annoyed with a few people, Grayson, Phillip and Giselle specifically!

Persian team did pretty good! I really thought the Chicken and Dessert looked great! I feel like that is not a well known cuisine, so they had a bit more of a challenge!

Mexican team did carrots? Weird- I have never had a Mexican carrot. Seems like they came in too cocky and really missed the mark. The only person with a decent dish was Kwame who has never done Mexican.

Vegan team did pretty meh. I like my meat and cheese as much as the next person, but it's not that hard to make some great veggie dishes. 


Koren team seemed to knock it out of the park. Judges liked everything!

Winning team is Persian!!! They really did do a great job and even had a dessert! They then had to pick the winner on the team, and that was Marjorie! WOW. Lets go try that dessert! Rao Trip!

Losing team is Vegan, not very surprised. Canned chickpea, boring salad, dry and mushy beets and a fussy cauliflower. Grayson goes defensive and mean girl and I have a feeling she will not last as long as she did the first time... but she did make it through this week as Renee is going home. I really thought it was going to be Grayson with that attitude!





5 comments:

  1. I don't have a problem with Giselle but on can they please send Philip & Grayson home soon? What assholes!

    I was surprised to see Garrett go home so soon. Hopefully he does well in LCK because I liked him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We agree, we hate Phillip. We would have never taken him as high up in our draft if we knew anything about his personality. It sucks. Hopefully the guy wins us points because we aren't cheering for him to win. Pompous d-bag.

    We also are disliking Grayson and her crap attitude. Although we do want her to stick around and get lots of second to lasts for team Pickely.

    Garret was kind of a dick too. His comment about Mike Isabella "bastardizing" italian food was pretty brutal considering how well Mike did on his season. I'm sure Mike laughed when Garret went home later that night.

    Wesley seemed good on paper, but he seems like a mess on the show (figuratively and literally).

    There were some that shined. We are liking Jeremy and Isaac. I predict right now that no matter what place he takes, Isaac will be some kind of TV chef personality moving forward. Like Fabio, he has the personality for it and some of his individual interviews have been hilarious so far.

    Amar, Kwame, and Frances are much better than we thought when putting our draft sheet together.

    One last thing for pool sanctity. Team Pickely, you did choose Amar before watching the 2nd episode correct? Scout's honor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can vouch for Pickely. Michal texted Kelly about picking up Amar before we started watching episode 2.

    Grayson should have gone home on the first episode. I think if she hadn't been a returning chef she would have packed her knives. What's with the attitude? I think she let her pseudo 'fame' go straight to her head.

    I thought Garrett's dish was much more creative and interesting. Kind of rough to go on burnt garlic, especially when some of the judges thought he had a top/above average dish.

    I was excited about team Mexican until they snubbed the ambassador chef. C'mon man!

    Marjorie crushed it with her dessert. It was clear as soon as they tasted it would be a top dish.

    I was wondering how you would score the week 1 QF Kelly. I was thinking to myself what I would do and came to the same conclusion that you did.

    Amar looks like he could be a top contender. Seems we all underestimated him.

    I'm sad Renee went home because I wanted our 'refuse a dreg' rule to come into play. Ah well, maybe next season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also think it's funny that the picture of Wesley 'Cochino' on this blog is so much bigger than the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cochino is huge, lol.

    Ok, on the "dreg pick" front. Just wanted to make sure ;). I figured that was the case.

    ReplyDelete