2/21/13

And then there was 2 then 3...then 2.

First things first- Congrats to Kristen for winning Last Chance Kitchen. While I am SUPER happy she pulled through, I am very disappointed she was cut at all. She totally got screwed this season- especially for her team- and would have really shined at the end of the competition. But at least she's back!!!

This was INTENSE! I was SO stressed out the whole episode. I don't know if it's because she's on my team or what, but I am really pulling for Brooke. She is so talented and humble that I really wanted her to take it over Sheldon. Not that Sheldon isn't fantastic, but Brooke just has a quality that I can't explain. Her being in the weeds the whole beginning was killing me! Thank god she got her shit together!

All of the chefs had quite the challenge and all of them did a great job. It had to be super stressful having Tom there expediting. I think even the most prepared and seasoned chef would have had a hard time with him. I hope he is less intense with his actual chefs because DAMN! Granted his actual chefs probably don't figure out what they're making minutes before they have to start cooking ;)

If I had to pic a winner this challenge (which I didn't) I would say Brooke took it. Everyone loved all 3 of her dishes- not that they were perfect, but they were all solid. Especially her short rib- Padma saying she wanted to dip Kristen's tuna in the sauce had to have hit hard. Kristen was solid, but less exciting than she has been in LCK. She definitely played it safe and I think the judges, especially Tom, wanted to see a LCK winner hit the ground running. Sheldon was out to prove something and doesn't realize he has already proved it! He is such a good chef with an new take on a cuisine and should have be true to himself. I think he could have taken Kristen if he had! It was sad to see him go, but a note to all Cheftestants- if you have a big break before the finale, learn a FEW desserts, not just one!

Well I think this is a first- two women compete head to head for the title of Top Chef! And honestly, it couldn't be two better chefs or people! Both are gracious, hard-working, humble and extremely talented! The finale looks INSANE!!!! I think everyone who's been on Top Chef is there to watch and eat LIVE. Reminds me of the set of Iron Chef a bit. I think it will be super stressful and exciting and I seriously CANNOT wait until next week!!! Who do you think will win?

3 comments:

  1. Super excited for the two amazing meals that will no doubt be prepared by these chefs. I'm rooting for Brooke but I won't be too upset if Kristen wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Kelly & Wolfy. I'm rooting for Brooke but certainly won't be sad if Kristen takes it!

    I hope Brooke hits the ground running next week instead of letting herself get overwhelmed by the situation.

    Does anyone else know if Kristen's arm tattoo is new? I don't remember seeing it before...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I was wondering the same thing about her tattoo!!! http://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/blog/2013/02/01/kristen-kish-survives-chance-kitchen-tattoos/

    ReplyDelete