12/20/12

Berry Delish!


Foiled! I LOVED this Quickfire!!! It may have even been my favorite. Aluminum Foil is such an amazing tool and you really can do just about anything with it- as the chefs showed us: soups and cakes, COME ON AWESOME! 

I LOVE Stephanie Izard so it was a treat to have her as a guest judge. She is very down to earth and real, plus she's the only female winner... SO FAR! I am going to say it now... I think Kristen has a really good shot at taking this. She's been strong the whole time, but she's in a rhythm  now! Her Almond and Chocolate Sponge Cake looked pretty fantastic, not to mention difficult. 

The Head-to-Head battle with Berries was pretty cool. Berries are awesome and you can do SO much with them, but I was shocked at some of the chef's choices... mainly the losers. Each one of them had me thinking "Whaaa" before I knew they were even in the bottom.  It seemed that they didn't really think about the entire dish together- if you only get 1 bite, it has to be good. It seemed like they all just had pieces that were ok, but when put together- yuck! Here was the line-up:
Stefan Vs. John – Gooseberries
Brooke Vs. Bart – Blackberries
Josh Vs. Danyele – Blueberries
Lizzie Vs. Josie – Raspberries
Sheldon Vs. Micah – Strawberries
Kristen – Tayberries

Kristen pulled it out with her Toasted Sage, Matcha Goat Milk Custard with Macerated Tayberries which sounds amazing. 

And Stefan is seriously in love. I am kind of shocked they haven't played that up more, but maybe they will later on. It's funny to see him try so hard, but she seems to enjoy the attention or something.


John is SUCH an asshole, I almost couldn't take it, and Josie is BEYOND annoying. It is time for her to go. She had a lot to live up to and it's just not happening. “It hurts my soul when Josie laughs. A little bit of me dies.” – Josh. I couldn't agree more! 


Danyele's dish LOOKED good, and the concept was also good- it came down to execution. She was the only one on the bottom that I thought could have been in the top- solely based on her idea. But after hearing how it tasted, no wonder she was kicked off over Josie and John. Rubbery meat is an automatic gag reflex for me. EWW.

Well we are down to the final 10 which means that the Restaurant Wars challenge will most likely be Jan 9th. Did we want to battle it out?

Also, this blog is pretty good, if you want to read more!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoooo, go Pickely!!

    I really wanted Josie to go home too. Josh's quote is so funny & so accurate! But if Pickely had to lose someone, I'm glad it was Danyele. That girl just never got her mojo working.

    ReplyDelete