2/6/18

Episode 9: Bronco Brouhaha

I don't know why... but Joe reminds me of Ben a little... hahaha. More this episode than others... anyone else see it? I am nervous for him- usually they show some insight into the life of the person leaving... or winning...

Quickfire: Guest Judge David Kinch will evaluate their flower power!!!! They have to add edible flowers to their dish and prove they deserve a place on the plate. This is also a sudden death Quickfire and immunity if OFF the table!!!

I wouldn't know where to start- I'd have to eat a bunch of them to even know how to work with them!

Bruce making pasta- so innovative! Ugh, and Padma is SO over it too. Carrie making toast is a risk, but her risks usually pay off! Everyone's dishes are so pretty!!!

On the top are Fatima and Carrie! That toast really did pay off and Carrie gets the win!  (GO LADIES)

On the bottom- Joseph, Chris and Joe. They will cook to the death!!!

Their challenge is to cook cauliflower as a substitute for something else!!! What a challenge! Cauliflower can be awesome and can become so many different things! I have made some pretty decent cauliflower fried rice before!

All 3 are disappointments, but Joseph is going home... WHAT!!!! I really expected him to make it further... I guess we'll see what happens in LCK!

Elimination Challenge: Host a Tailgate at Mile High for 300 players and fans. Pit Master Adam Perry Lang is the guest judge! Carrie's QF reward is that she gets to pick her team-mate AND the other teams!

Carrie and Chris- Very Coloradoy, mmm- Green Chili Poutine! It's a favorite- everyone likes it and doesn't mind that it's not classic but has the Colorado spin with the Green Chili and Nacho Cheese!

Adrienne and Joe- Typical good tailgate food, Ribs and Mac & Cheese. Ribs got tender enough in the short time they had, but the Mac & Cheese isn't crispy! (Ben would never have served that!)

Bruce and Fatima- Creative yummyness- Steak & Salad and Nachos are pretty well received, but the dishes are very different from one another, not cohesive at all. They're not very special either...

Tom is not overly impressed with anyone- they're in the "playoffs" and no one looks like they could make it to the Super Bowl with these dishes... no one stepped it up enough.

There was a clear winner which was Carrie and Chris. They both won a trip to the Super Bowl, which Chris was probably SUPER excited for once Philadelphia made it in! EAGLES! 

Adrienne and Bruce are both safe- they were not the weakest part of their dishes (no negative points for them- let me know if you guys think they should all be penalized) so on the bottom are Fatima and Joe.

So sad to see Fatima leave! We lost 2 really good chefs this week!!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I definitely thought my doppelganger was leaving after that early bio piece and the call from his girlfriend. Now that you've pointed it out, I do think there's a resemblance.

    I remember being torn about who to pick: Carrie or Tu. Going to be a very costly mistake. She is crushing it! Go Colorado!

    I love cauliflower so the Sudden Death QF was exciting but also a bit of a letdown given that the food produced was sub par. I REALLY thought Joe S was going home after I saw Tom's face when he tried the cauliflower buffalo wing. I thought he was going to spit it out. Can't believe other Joe is out although I expect him to be the favorite to come back from LCK.

    I think the elimination challenge would have been better with bigger teams earlier in the season. I'm annoyed at Tom for coming down so hard on the chefs. If you want restaurant quality food then don't make them cook in a tent for 300 fucking tailgaters. Sheesh.

    I hope they let the remaining chefs showcase their talents down the stretch. No more crazy challenges. Let them cook.

    ReplyDelete