1/16/18

Episode 6: Now That's a Lot of Schnitzel

Feels like everyone is a bit rattled after the last challenge! I think the Altitude is hitting everyone a bit, I wonder if the producers let them know what they should be doing to stay healthy!

I wonder how often and how much they're allowed to make phone calls? Seems like they're always very staged...

Wow- LeeAnne sitting out a challenge! I understand it, but she knew what she was getting into more than anyone. At least it's just a QF right? Does this mean she's on the bottom- chefs who don't produce usually are so I am going to point it that way.

RICHARD! I love him! Wow this Quickfire is personal- cook one of their most complicated dishes off their own menu, simplified in 30 mins!!! Tasty is awesome- so I love this!!! At least it's a dish they know very well, but maybe that makes it worse too... eeeek!

This was tough! I wonder if Richard is bummed he didn't get to do a Quickfire with better food? I would be!

On the bottom, Claudette, Adrienne and Fatima... Claudette didn't even get her dish on the plate! After all those LCK wins I thought she'd be the best at this challenge!

On the top, Chris, Brother and Joe... and the winner is Chris! Helps that his dish was a bit more simple than the other chefs!

Elimination Challenge- a German party with Keegan Gerhard at Eliches! They have to elevate German food and create a Radler (beer and fruit soda) interesting. I was wondering how the Rhein Haus fit into this season, I saw it on a list of restaurants Top Chef visited in Denver.

Tough one for Chris being an alcoholic, but not really MAKING any food is ridiculous- good thing he has immunity! Is LeeAnne out for the elimination challenge too?!?!?! Hmmm I suppose that put her on the bottom too then, seem fair?

OH WAIT- LeeAnne is taking herself out!?! Wow. (As you can tell I am blogging real-time)

Raining day in Denver again! It was a wet summer!!! I am kind of surprised they didn't emphasize the beer and local beer scene more, they don't really talk much about the beer base.

This challenge was all over the place! Some did well and others really missed, maybe some of the biggest misses of the season! I wonder how much the Radlers will be judged...

On top are Bruce, Tanya, and Claudette... and the winner is Tanya! I would have eaten that ;) looked great!

On the bottom this week are Brother who didn't really embrace the German challenge, Joe who overcooked his meat and Adrienne who under-seasoned her dish, wow Chris didn't even get a shout out?

In the end Brother is going home! Wow- usually poor cooking is worse than really sticking to the challenge, but the judges we not pleased with German egg-rolls...

LCK is now Tu vs Brother!


2 comments:

  1. I don't think Lee Ann should be penalized for not being there for the elimination challenge. They did the challenge after she left and the judges eliminated someone else. In the Survivor pool you don't get punished if a contestant bows out for health reasons.

    Also, chefs who lose a sudden death QF only get -1 instead of also losing -3 later in the ep.

    Thoughts?


    The episode was kind of disappointing overall. Am I crazy or does German food rarely bring out the best in the cheftestants?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was waiting for Bug to give opinion, but I am good with LeeAnne only being docked for the QF!

    ReplyDelete