2/14/13

Into the Wild!


WOW what a challenge! This season has really impressed me!!!! The Quickfire Iditarod Challenge was very cool- but the transportation to the challenge was incredible!
Helicopter to Dog-Sled! WOW!!! I feel so bad for Brooke- what a trooper! Maybe it was just the magic of TV, but she sucked it up fast and got on with it- someone really wants this and I think the way she handled herself shows her dedication and desire! AND she took the QF win!!! I am impressed! 

The Elimination Challenge was familiar- but I do think it is a good concept: Cook the dish that helped inspire you to become a chef! I think having Chef Roy Choi there to tell his story about Emeril was very moving. And it was nice to give the chefs a little break before the challenge began.

I always think it's funny when the show involves politicians- they seem so awkward! So dinner at the Mayor's house looked pretty good to me! Everyone stepped it up and really cooked from the heart. I do feel for Josh though- it had to be hard to concentrate with everything he had going on. At least his baby was born before the challenge began, but I don't think he got much sleep. In the end his Trio of Foie Gras didn't make the cut.

He should have known better than to make something "unmakeable". It simply cannot be done and I think that is what bothered the judges so much. As a chef, you have to make decisions about your food and the time allotted and he decided to make something that wouldn't work out no matter how good you are as a chef. I do like Josh, BUT I totally agree with the judges and think that he skated by a few too many times this season. His departure does kick Le Chefre out of the competition- YAY PICKLY! :)

So we're down to the final 2!!! Brooke and Sheldon- both fabulous chefs, but I think Brooke has the talent and drive to take it all the way. Then again we still have to account for the Last Chance Kitchen winner... I guess anything can happen!!!

Just so everyone knows- we give out 10 points to the final 4 chefs. Since only 1 chef will come out of LCK, Josh did receive 10 pts, as will that LCK winner, once we know who it is.  

No comments:

Post a Comment