1/10/13

Restaurant Wars Concept!


I loved the way this episode worked!!!!

First I guess I should talk about the QuickFire which was ok, nothing special. I am glad Brooke won, I think she is very talented. The product advertising is seriously taking over the show, especially the QuickFires though and it is annoying.

Ok, so I think the way they did this was genius! I loved that each chef had the opportunity to create a concept and a dish! I was surprised that Josh made top 3 after they talked about his lack of seasoning, and in the end I was glad to see Kristen and Sheldon take the wins!

Kristen: Onsen Egg with Camembert-Mustard Sauce & Buttered Radishes
I am excited to see what else Atelier Kwan will have on the menu! Fancy French food with a twist! YUM!

Sheldon: Sour Tamarind Soup with Pork Belly, Shrimp & Snapper

Urbano sounds like a great concept and I think it is very different from what we have seen in the past. I am curious to see how the other guys execute the dishes though.

As for the bottom... I think Lizzie's dish wasn't THAT bad. It was heavy- so what! I think they just needed 3 people and everyone did a decent job and she just happened to get grouped with them. I am sure I am not the only one that was shocked by the elimination. First I was shocked there was one at all! 3 vs. 4 Restaurant War? is that a first? Second, Micah?!?!? I am glad we lost him b/c he was one of our weaker chefs, but compared to Josie! WOW. AGAIN Josie was slow to get her food out AND it was not well executed! 

I feel like they are keeping her for the drama alone. I am sure, based on the sneak peek from next week, that the girls would have been HAPPY to have her leave. WOW. Like I said, I am glad Micah is gone, but I didn't think his dish warranted his departure. Raw food is trendy, but I am not totally sure it is a good concept for Restaurant Wars. Chefs need to COOK not just cut/mix/display food.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out next week- let the drama begin!

2 comments:

  1. Josie is the gigantic, Titanic anchor holding our team down and we have wanted her gone for 5 episodes now (especially since we didn't even pick her). She is annoying and I'm guessing if she purposely tried to get last place, she would still manage to get 2nd to last somehow. Without her negative points (lowest of all chefs) we would be in this thing.

    At least Kristen is killing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super excited for both restaurant concepts - I would definitely like to be one of the patrons.

    IF I HAVE TO HEAR JOSIE'S LAUGH FOR ANOTHER WEEK I AM GOING TO CUT OFF MY EARS.

    Please please please pack your knives and fucking go.

    ReplyDelete