1/24/13

Fried Chicken!


I don't think I am alone when I say FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets take it from the top though- the Sushi Quickfire. This was fun and different. It really was a challenge for the chefs that don't do sushi much, like Josh and Lizzie. I don't know what she was thinking pouring hot soup on raw fish, unless the intention was to cook it, which it was not; and Josh's face when the judges ate his sushi was hilarious! But I think that is what the Quickfire is all about, getting out of the comfort zone and trying something different without any major consequence. 

Now for some FRIED CHICKEN! Oh man, I cannot tell you how much a want to eat some good fried chicken right now. That was pure torture. I think this was a great and simple challenge. I do wonder if that really was "Tom's House" or just the house he is renting for this season... either way it was GORGEOUS!!! Amazing backdrop for this challenge with some incredible chefs! I think one of the best parts may have been all the wine they were drinking. It's no wonder they did judges table the next day!

On a side note: All I can think of when I hear Momofuku, is the momofuku pie we had at Rachel's Bachelorette Party. I need to make this if we do another dinner, SO GOOD!


Lizzie, Sheldon and Josh really did a good job this week. I think Lizzie's chicken looked alright, but it had to have tasted fantastic to make it into the winner circle. Sheldon made the most interesting chicken and I am a little bit bummed he didn't get the win. I think he is a great chef and has SO much potential. In the end I do think it is great that Josh won this challenge. This really was right up his alley and his whole concept was really great from start to finish. Smoked Fried Chicken with Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese 

I am SO mad at Brooke!!! I think she just got in her own head WAY too much here and made way too many major mistakes... I am just relieved that none were fatal for her. She easily could have gone home this week so I hope she gets it together. Stephan did not take this week seriously enough. I don't really know what he was thinking, but I am sure he was just playing games and he needs to be smarter moving forward. We are down to the final 5 now, you can't screw up anymore.

And Josie... what can I really say here? Her time has FINALLY come. I don't know about you but I felt like the judges really came down on her this week, they held a grudge for sure. It was kind of refreshing to see them call the chefs out this week. 

In the end Josie's greasy chicken didn't make the cut. I can't say for sure if I agree that she had the worst dish, but I don't really care. She's gone and that's all that matters to me! SEE YA!!!!

This officially puts the Cartel out with only 1 pt. Sorry guys, I think we all hope you may make it back in with Kristen!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you mentioned the Momofuku pie! I tried to explain to Ben how delicious it was but it didn't come across well - I think "cookie pie" was the closest I got. Please make this, that would be such a treat!

    Also happy that Brooke dodged a bullet on this one - every choice she made was the wrong one, and I think admitting that may be what saved her... well, actually, Josie being horrible is what saved her, so happy she's gone! I can't believe she thinks something on a banana leaf can be called "Southern." Sheesh!

    ReplyDelete