12/13/12

A Funny Homecoming...


This was such a weird QuickFire I really don't know what to say. It seemed like they were stretching and trying to fit too many things into one. They had to please a "critic" that loves the Olive Garden, incorporate Truvia, make a sweet/savory dish that highlights their heritage around the holidays AND only had one knife to do it with. 

That's not to say I didn't like the results... I think there were some very good dishes out there! Marilyn Hagerty obviously isn't very adventurous so she went with the more simple dishes... but I will say I am glad to see Brooke relax a bit and finally enter the competition! Her winning dish: Apple Crostata with Cheddar Cheese, Candied Pine Nuts & Apple Salad sounded pretty good to me!

I think Anna Farris and Chris Pratt are all-kinds-of-cute together. They can be annoying, but I am happy that they are genuine foodies willing to try, and ask for anything! 

I think this challenge brought out some amazing dishes, but I am not sure it was that much of a "challenge" you know? I would have liked SOME twist, but it's always good to see the Chefs just get to cook. Again Brooke was relaxed and having immunity didn't hurt either. She took a risk and it really payed off! Lamb-Stuffed Squid on Black Rice with Coconut Milk, who'd-a-thought!

I have to say that I am so disappointed with the Colorado Chefs. Not only are they all out, they all went out on dished they should have excelled on. Oh well, Eliza bugged me anyway. She was SUPER awkward- the way she thanked the judges for their critique, and then bowed at them instead of shaking their hands... she just MADE food for everyone to EAT with those hands, now she won't shake? I find that odd...

I am excited for next week's head-to-head battle and it looks like TC Winner Stephanie is back to judge the QF!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo! Great episode for Pickley! I'm so relieved that Brooke finally got her redemption. We knew she was good, but she must have been psyching herself out this whole time & getting intimidated by the other chefs.

    I'm also very excited that we have all but 1 of our chefs while JeffCo & le Chefre have each lost 3. Crush!!!

    ReplyDelete