2/24/18

Episode 12: Sunday Supper

Final Four!!! With the Voltaggio Brothers!!!

Quickfire: Rocky Mountain Oysters!!! They get 30 mins to create a dish, 2 ways! Ugh- this is not a challenge I'd want to judge. Carrie is smart for having practiced, but her dish is grossing me out.

Overall they did alright- given the ingredient. It's funny how similar everyone's dishes were, except Adrienne who I think was most creative.

Joseph and Carrie are on the bottom- the two chefs with some experience cooking Rocky Mountain Oysters!

Adrienne and Joe are on the top. The Chef that served the best dish is Joe! He is on a roll!!! (And stupid LeChevre sweeps.

The drive to the challenge looks like a car commercial! "Lets break Joe's fingers"-Carrie,  I like that idea ;)
 
When they arrive to the "Elimination Challenge" they all see family members who've cooked a meal for everyone! Joe's dad cracks me up- hahaha. 

Elimination Challenge is to take inspiration from the dish their family member made and elevate it. They only get 90 minutes to make the dish (except Joe, that's the advantage, 30 more mins)- and they seem a little nervous. I think they need to simplify and elevate- not recreate... It will be interesting to see how they make it work. 

Joe is breaking my heart- you can tell how close he was to his mom. I wish I didn't like him as much as I do, seriously rooting for him, but not LeChevre. 

Joe's Lasagna with Pigs Foot Gravy turned into Pig's Feet Rotolo with Braised Chicken, Mushrooms & Swiss Chard. The judges think it still has all the soul of the original but has been really elevated! The dry edges were a bit much- the only criticism.

Carrie's Beef Stroganoff turned into Beef Stroganoff Raviolo with Buffalo Sausage, Mushroom Duxelle, Herbed Creme Fraiche & Caramelized Onions. I love that Joseph's grandma loves it- and the judges do too! Everyone likes the direction she took with such a common dish but she missed an opportunity to give it a real sauce. 

Adrienne's Gumbo turned into Butter Poached King Crab Leg & Shrimp with Trinity, Fried Andouille Chips & Rice. She really did a good job elevating Gumbo. It was perfectly seasoned and well executed. 

Joseph's Rigatoni with Meatballs turned into Pork & Veal Agnolotti with Pomodoro Paste, Parmesan & Basil. Again, like the other chefs, he really elevated the dish. He was able to add layers of great flavor effortlessly! He had the best pasta of the day, but the whole dish needed salt. 

Who the hell is on the bottom?!??!!?! Sometimes I wonder if the judges are just being nice in front of the families? But it seemed they were all good! 

The winner is Adrienne! WHOA! First win!

"There are no bottoms today" -Padma. (NO IDEA HOW TO SCORE THIS NEED INPUT- since everyone else would be "on the bottom" do they all get negative points, or should we only give negative to the chef going home? As I write his I don't know who that is and my instinct is the latter which I will do for now.) I just want them all to be the winners of Top Chef!

The chef going home is... Carrie. Ugh- I would be upset with anyone they sent home, but it's hard to see the local girl go. 

And Bug is OUT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment